Recommended reads include some newer books as well as older ones that may have dated material but are still most relevant in guidance.
- Raising Cats Naturally by Michelle T. Bernard
- The New Natural Cat by Anitra Frazier
- Four Paws, Five Directions by Cheryl Schwartz, DVM
- Dr. Richard Pitcairn’s Complete Guide to Natural Care for Dogs and Cats
- Herbs for Pets by Mary L. Wulff-Tilford and Gregory L. Tilford
- Reigning Cats and Dogs by Pat McKay
- The Complete Herbal Handbook for the Dog and Cat by Juliette de Bairacli Levy
- The Complete Herbal Handbook for Farm and Stable by Juliette de Bairacli Levy
- Natural Healing for Dogs and Cats by Diane Stein
- What Vets Don’t Tell You About Vaccines by Catherine M. O’Driscoll
- The Holistic Guide for a Healthy Dog by Wendy Volhard and Kerry Brown, D.V.M.
- The Tiger in the House by Carl Van Vechten
- Foods Pets Die For by Ann N. Martin
- Natural Cat Care and
- Natural Dog Care by Celeste Yarnall, Ph.D and Jean Hofve, DVM
- The Encyclopedia of Natural Pet Care by CJ. Puotinen
- Diet For a New America by John Robbins
- Staying Healthy With Nutrition by Elson Haas, M.D.
- Life Over Cancer by Keith Block, M.D.
- Food For Life by Neal Barnard, M.D.
- 101 Exercises for the Soul and others by Dr. Bernie S. Siegel
- Vaccines; Are They Really Safe and Effective by Neil Z. Miller
- The New Holistic Herbal by David Hoffmann
- Family Herbal by Rosemary Gladstar
- Everyday Miracles by Linda Johnston, M.D., D.Ht.
- When Elephants Weep by Jeffrey Moussaieff masson and Susan McCarthy
- A Reason For Hope by Jane Goodall
Web sites are an invaluable resource. We also suggest joining a co-op or online group to help guide the decisions you make.www.feline-nutrition.org
Dr. Lisa Pesch